If you’re getting Prepared to have weight reduction surgery, you are probably looking forward to the results of After Weight Loss Surgery.
If you have a weight-related medical condition, like type 2 diabetes or sleep apnea, those conditions can improve. And almost all men and women who undergo weight reduction surgery — 95% — say their quality of life improves, too.
You will want to get Prepared for the recovery and know what you’ll have to do to make the changes continue.
How Much Weight Will i Lose?
Consult your Physician Exactly what you can count on. It may depend on what you weigh today and the type of surgery you become. Sleeve gastrectomy People who undergo sleeve gastrectomy shed about 40% of their extra weight.
On average, people Lose 60 percent of their extra weight after gastric bypass operation. Gastric banding is No longer a commonly performed weight loss surgery. Most gastric Bypass surgery is laparoscopic, so that the surgeon makes cuts. That causes shorter recovery time. Most people remain in hospital for 2 to 3 days, and get back to normal activities in 3 to 5 weeks. If the surgery must Be “open,” meaning the surgeon has to create a larger cut, then recovery takes longer.
What Are the Possible Side Effects?
There are potential Short-term and long-term complications by having weight reduction surgery. Long-term risks vary based on the type of operation. Approximately 40% of people experience some sort of complication.
Complications may happen to less than 5 percent. Should you have some problems have that concern you! then check out with your doctor.
Some Frequent side effects Your doctor can let you know about is:
- Avoid granular fiber (Metamucil or psyllium), which can lead to obstructions.
- Dumping syndrome happens after eating high-sugar foods after Weight Reduction surgery. Sodas or fruit juices are often to blame. The carbonated food melts throughout the gut and can cause nausea, and fatigue.
- Gallstones are common when you eliminate a good deal of weight fast. As much as 50 % of patients will develop gallstones after gastric bypass surgery, and these are often harmless.
Approximately 15% to 25% of people need surgery to remove their gallbladder after gastric bypass surgery.
Serious side effects Include:
- Bleeding in stool, which may appear as red or black stools, may be severe. Let your physician know about this immediately, or go to an emergency room.
- Blood clots, which can be life-threatening. It can usually be prevented with blood thinning drugs and regular activity.
- Leaks in the new connections produced by the weight loss surgery are infrequent, but severe. They generally occur in 5 days of the operation. Abdominal pain and feeling ill are typical symptoms — those must prompt a call to your doctor.
Also, you may notice that your skin is sagging. You may choose to get surgery to remove it.
Nutrition Following Weight Loss Surgery
Weight loss surgery Changes the way the body handles food. It will be harder to absorb certain nutrients, such as:
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
Ask your doctor if you want to take nutritional supplements.
Lifestyle Changes After Weight Loss Surgery
You can get striking Results from weight reduction surgery. You will want to back up those with lifestyle changes to keep off the pounds.
These tips can help:
- The small stomach created by weight loss surgery Can only hold a little, eating large meals may cause difficulties. Adapting to eating smaller dishes can be a challenge.
- Dedicate to great nourishment. Ask a dietitian to help you create a Strategy that will get you all the nutrients you need.
- Exercise. It helps keep the weight off, and it is often Simpler after weight loss surgery, because losing weight might have helped your joints.
Many weight loss Operation centers provide programs to help individuals shift to a healthier lifestyle
How to get obesity surgery in Turkey?
by contacting the Health&Beauty, you can find the best Turkish surgeons.
The surgery must be performed by highly experienced and skilled surgeon. Therefore, patients’ reviews and photos should be checked before booking your appointment.
Make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon and confident about his abilities. Then, book your appointment for a consultation!
Obesity surgery is a sensitive and special surgery, so the hospital and the doctor must be carefully chosen.