What is Eyebrow Lift procedure?
Eyebrow lift is a cosmetic procedure performed to improve the shape of eyebrows. Lots of people are getting this procedure to hide aging signs, remove sagging areas around the eyes, and remove lines and wrinkles between eyebrows and forehead lines.
May you planing to make it alone or with face lift surgery
What Could be treated with Eyebrow Lift?
- It helps to diminish the developed horizontally wrinkle lines across the forehead, as well as the wrinkle between the eyes.
- Eyebrow lift improves frown lines, and vertical wrinkles that form between the eyebrows
- It helps to deal with sagging eyebrows that cover the upper eyelids
- It results in more firm and youthful eyebrows.
Who is the right candidate for Eyebrow Lift?
lifting the eyebrows gives you a more youthful appearance, and you can get it if you have any of the following:
- having drooped eyebrows leading to a “sad expression”!
- If you are unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid, because the surface area is covered by drooping tissues as you got older.
- When there is an extended and excess skin in the forehead.
- Horizontal wrinkles visible in the forehead area.
- Having frown lines (vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows).
- If you suffer from narrowing of the space between the eye and the eyebrow.
- Increased space between the eyebrows or increase the space between your eyebrow and the nose.
- Having asymmetry in your eyebrows or if you have a higher eyebrow
How do I prepare for Eyebrow Lift surgery?
- It is very important to choose an expert surgeon to perform the surgery for you, because the success of the operation always depend on the surgeon first.
- Tell your surgeon about the result that you expect after the operation, and try to have a realistic expectation, considering that there is no process can make your face shape as it was years ago.
- You must stop smoking and drinking alcohol for at least two weeks before the operation, and another two weeks after the procedure.
- You should tell your doctor if you have any illnesses or if you are under any medications regularly.
- Your doctor might request some medical tests and x-rays possibly, so you must follow doctor’s orders and advices for your own safety.
How eyebrow Lift is done?
Eyebrow procedures have developed from old open techniques to short endoscopic surgery via incision. Eyebrow lift usually involves incision in the scalp area “behind forehead hairline”, but sometimes the incisions are made in the forehead or upper eyelids.
You will be given anesthesia during the surgery so that you can feel comfortable. The surgeon will suggest either local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
Eyebrow lift can be performed in different ways. Some surgeons prefer to use an endoscope (a thin tube with a camera at the end) and special tools placed through a small incision made inside the hairline. This technique helps to modify tissues and muscles under the skin, correcting the source of wrinkles, and skin grooves in the forehead.
Some other surgeons prefer to perform eyebrow lift through what so called a “coronal incision”. The coronal incision is created from ear to ear across the top of the head within the hairy area.
Then the forehead skin is lifted and any muscle modification can be made under direct visualization. The scar resulting from the coronary eyebrow lift is well hidden within the hair.
It is used for women with very high foreheads, an incision may be recommended in the front hairline. In this way the eyebrow can be lifted without changing the height of the forehead hairline. The resulting scar, although somewhat more visible, but can often disappear over time.
What should I expect during Eyebrow lift?
After eyebrow lift, your head may be wrapped loosely to reduce swelling and bruising, and there could be a thin tube to drain any excess blood or fluid that may occur under the skin.
You will be given specific instructions which may include:
- How to take care of the surgical incision and drainage.
- How to use the medicines
- Specific signs to look out for in the surgical area or in your general health
- When to follow up with a plastic surgeon.
You should keep your head up and do not perform any hard physical activity as long as your surgeon recommends not to do. Don’t apply ice or heat in the operation area.
What results should I expect after Eyebrow Lift?
The results of eyebrow (forehead) are immediately visible. the postoperative swelling will resolve over time and the incision lines will disappear.
Your will be more satisfied with your new look as you recover from surgery, the final results of the surgery will appear over the next few months.